Odbc driver issue connecting to local test environment

I am trying to set up an ODBC connection to Druid using Starburst ODBC Driver and facing the below issue when i try to connect to my local test instance

FAILED!

[Starburst][Trino] (1010) Error occurred while trying to connect: SYNTAX_ERROR : USER_ERROR : line 1:1: mismatched input '{'. Expecting: 'ALTER', 'ANALYZE', 'CALL', 'COMMENT', 'COMMIT', 'CREATE', 'DEALLOCATE', 'DELETE', 'DENY', 'DESC', 'DESCRIBE', 'DROP', 'EXECUTE', 'EXPLAIN', 'GRANT', 'INSERT', 'MERGE', 'PREPARE', 'REFRESH', 'RESET', 'REVOKE', 'ROLLBACK', 'SET', 'SHOW', 'START', 'TRUNCATE', 'UPDATE', 'USE', <query> 

I spent alot of time looking into this (thinking it is a character encoding issue) and I decided to take a good long look at the manual for the ODBC driver and found this nice snippet

Am I 100% correct to now assume that the ODBC driver will ONLY WORK with MySQL, Hive, and PostgreSQL and not any other database type like let’s say Apache Druid?

Regards,
Zeke

This is old documentation and wrong. The Starburst ODBC driver connects to Starburst Enterprise or Starburst Galaxy and can query any catalog.

For Trino usage you need to use the Magnitude ODBC driver.